how can i get my 18 month old daughter to stop breastfeeding???

mommyoftwo303

Asked by mommyoftwo303 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Start giving her milk of some sort in a sippy cup to start getting use to. It has taken almost two weeks for my son to start drinking milk. He didn't like cows milk or goat milk but is starting to drink more soy milk with out making funny faces. Remove what ever feeding that might go over easier, I removed the afternoon nap time first. I took my son in his bedroom and told him nap time, placed his head on my should and hugged him and rocked for a minute until he calmed down, then set him in his crib, told him nap time, and walked away. He cried for a minute and then put himself down. I wanted to cry myself. Stick to this for a week or so, then try the morning feeding. Lastly the nighttime feeding and try having your husband out her down so she doesn't associate boobie time. Remove one feeding per week/week in a half. This will help deplete your milk supply and lets her adjust slowly.
    Anonymous