Last night there were footsteps in the hall. Who was it?

Dh was at work, kids were asleep and cat was asleep. It was loud enough to wake me. We have odd things happen in this house a lot but I'm seriously thinking I have a ghost.
You guys have a ghost?

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 12:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I have a ghost.
    We came home to a desk chair in the middle of the kitchen on Sunday.
    I've also come home to my toothbrush standing on the counter running after I had been out of the house over 10 hours. A single AA battery would not run that long if I had somehow left it running.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:20 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• nah- though I blame stuff on them all the time ;)

we did have one house where I'd do laundry and somehow the dryer would be open after the clothes were dry...kids and hubby all said they didn't touch it or go looking in it for anything- it happened a few times! We decided there was a ghost who was messing with me! *did not have the issue before or after that house...hmmm
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:14 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• I grew up in a house where we would hear something walking in the hall, or if I was in my room I would hear someone walking in the livingroom, or comming up the stairs. It happened all the time, and I was not the only one to hear it.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 12:28 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• We definitely have a ghost!

Sometimes we hear footsteps, sometimes it sounds like someone is whistling.
    It's just DH and I, so we know there is no one else in the house.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• I inherited Uncle Charlie who opens and or closes cupboards and doors. He seems to go where ever I go. He has been in our family for generations but he never visits anyone after I moved into my own place.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• Probably the creaking of an old place will do this.... no ghosts here, just my angels....

Answer by older at 8:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• I haven't experienced it in my own home, except for when I think my Gpa was in the room w/ me for a short time. I smelled his cologne & my dog jumped up & barked. I had a friend who had a very strong presence in her home who would do all kinds of strange things. They named him Fred.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• If you are uncomfortable then you have to tell the spirit to leave. Do it today. Or get Holy Water & bless the house yourself. No ghosts here.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:52 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• ya, see this is the weird stuff that is so unlikely to happen and yet does.
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 12:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• I've had that same thing with the dryer since I've lived in this condo. but not in my old apartment.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:32 AM on Jul. 3, 2013