Is it just time to move on?

I have a spouse with an abusive bi polar and spoiled rotten step child. She's 42 and rules by force and intimidation. When she visits its a living hell. Yells and starts horrible fights. Even her own grandmothers has called 911 at grandpas wake. I am talking way over the top stuff
The 42 year old female step knows crazy works. She's a con artist too. Doesn't work. Lives in a million dollar home. Sick.
My spouse just watches and doesn't do a thing to help me when under attack. My spouse is afraid the princess will take severe Action and never speak to them again.
No one can stand this child. Yet I will get told to leave before anything will change.
This is like a powerful drug addiction.
Any thoughts

Tpatrick

Asked by Tpatrick at 12:52 AM on Jul. 3, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• I am a step parent. I say get out. If she is this old, 42 years, it means that this has been going on for a very long time. It is not going to change. So gather your stuff, get your ducks in a row and leave him.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 4:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Your husband should be supporting you in this situation and vice versa, Let him know how you feel. The two of you can get through this with each others help.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 2:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Nothing will change now. Live with it or move on.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• How long have you been married? People don't change. You might want to adjust your expectations . . .
    NearSeattleMom

Answer by NearSeattleMom at 2:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• You already know he puts her first. So your choices are stay and accept the status quo, or go.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:24 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• I'dbe thinking about moving on, or at least telling your husband that if he doesn't back his daughter off, you're leaving.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:17 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• If this is his child then you need to simply let him deal with it and not you and be thankful that she does not visit often. If she lives in a million dollar house, she did something to get there. That is hers to deal with and no e of your concern. That is just my opinion
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:01 AM on Jul. 3, 2013