Are there any emotions during growth spurts at 6 yrs. old?

My grandson turned 6 this year. My daughter said that she believed he was going through a growth spurt, which I can believe because of his pants getting shorter. But he seems very sensitive at this time. He started crying today for no reason and his dad asked him what was wrong and he said that he did not know. Is this normal? Since their hormones are part of the growth process, could this be the reason he is so sensitive?

Deb0815

Asked by Deb0815 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It can be that he is experiencing pains due to growing so fast but not to the point of actual pain, just a feeling of something not being "right". My grandson said the last time that he felt like he was stretchy lol
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• They say that kids are starting puberty earlier these days and that you can even start to see mood swings as young as 5.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:01 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• Thanks for the information. I am concerned about him.
    Deb0815

Comment by Deb0815 (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• He might actually be in a bit of pain. I had growing pains so bad in my legs at that age, I remember breaking down in tears. Has he complained?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:14 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• Both of my boys had growing pains around that age. Have you tried asking him where he hurts? It may be his heart (emotion) or physical (growing pains).
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:33 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• I have SS who is about to be 7, he lives with us full time, but yesterday he came into the livingroom and was so upset an said he wasn't feeling well, but he didnt seem sick, he wasnt hurting anywhere, so I told them that I there was something bothering him that he could talk to his dad or myself. He just asked if he could lay down with me. So he did and we just talked and laughed and played, I wondered why he was feeling this way, but did not push it. I think maybe he just needed some extra TLC
    Smiles20093

Answer by Smiles20093 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2013