does your child eat like a bird?

I don't even know what to make her most of the time. She eats spaghetti but sometimes not, Salad with ranch or Italian dressing. pizza sometimes yogurt sometimes raisins sometimes. she used to eat chicken nuggets but not and more. Plan hot dog but only in one piece not cut up if it breaks she's done. Nutrigran bars sometimes, fish-sticks and if you give her a dip she eats all that and none of her food even if she likes what you gave her. I'm clueless on getting food in her mouth.

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 10:59 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter just turned 2 this month and she eats like a bird also! She used to eat just about everything, but now it is hard to get her to eat anything other than a bowl of grits, 1 nutrition bar, and just a lot of liquids a day. I hear that this is normal though, and just as long as they are continuously eating all day that they are fine. So I just make sure that Isis has food and snacks when she is hungry for something.
    izzimommy203

Answer by izzimommy203 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yes my dd is 28 months and she eats very sparingly. The pediatrician said they will do that at this age and just eat enough calorie's to get buy.

Mrs.Smith84

Answer by Mrs.Smith84 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yes - mine is almost 17 months. for abuot 2 or 3 weeks he ate like a bird, refused everything, still slept like a rock - and then he pigged out for aonther 3 or 4 weeks, and now he is kinda in the middle. I'm told its just being a "toddler", quite common I guess.
    MommyDado

Answer by MommyDado at 12:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• They won't starve themselves, if they're hungry they'll eat. They have little tummies so it doesn't take much especially if there small amounts and frequently through out the day. It's sometimes stressful trying to figure out what they're going to eat today, I think we put to much pressure on our selves to make sure that our kids are eating. It should pass, it will probably go on for a while though. Just keep and eye on her wait every month. If you think that she is relatively skinny or small in comparison to what she should be have her iron tested.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anonymous and would add: just keep offering her nutritious foods and perhaps add a multi vitamin.
    My twin boys are 27 mos and go through phases when they hardly eat and phases when they chow down like a couple of big boys.
    I just give them a vitamin every day and offer them healthy choices.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2009