Can Workers Comp Buy You Out and Build You a New House???

My x is injured. Currently he has his home, and a detached building in the back which was a 6 car garage. Workers comp comverted half of the garage to central air unit and a FULL gym and a new bathroom to accomodate his wheelchair.

Now, he says Workers comp is going to pay off his mortgage because he can't pay for 2 buildings anymore and build him a new house to suit his needs. Because he says they are also paying for a aid which he won't need with a new house built customary for him.

I understand completely his level of injury but can workers comp actually pay off your mortgage and build you a new house???? This seems unreal to me!! Any workers comp experts on here? Just curious on this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2013 in Money & Work

• I have never heard of anything like that. I can't see them doing that much for anyone.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• Was he injured on the job? Then he received a substantial legal settlement from the Company most likely.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• It is possible a deal was worked out between them to settle his claims, especially if they are in that kind of business. I have never heard of it being done before.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2013