Josiesmom!!!!! Or anyone that can help me, how do I relieve my puppy's discomfort

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

My little Annie was spayed June 23rd and she has the wear that funny cone thing on her next for two weeks. Well yesterday when i came home from work, i went to go greet her and it felt rough under her neck so I looked and it was rubbed raw and bleeding. I took off the cone thing right away and called the vet. Brought her in and they treated her, shaved her neck, cleaned it and gave me the medicine for it. She seems like she's in a lot of discomfort. Anyone know what ic an do for her? She's on this powder we put on twice a day and also oral antibiotics. 

This makes me so sad, just last Friday I had to bring her in because it looked like her incision was coming open and it turns out she's been licking at it with that cone on so they put a bigger one on. Looks like the bigger one did more harm then good though :( I'm keeping the cone off now and I put one of my DDs shirts on her till she appt to look at her incision and she gets the clear on that.

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2013 in Pets

• you can give her baby aspirin to help ease the pain but no Tylenol, it can cause liver damage. Did they suggest wrapping it? I'd put some non stick gauze on it and wrap with co-flex?

josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• Can you tape some soft cloth or gauze around the part of the cone that touches her skin? Make it softer & less irritating. Poor baby. I also found that McDonald's McDoubles can cheer up any dog! I've been spoiling mine lately since her days with us are numbered. :/
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• I would not wrap it, it heals faster when is out in the open, I use Betadine ointment on all my animals, it kills infections and eases discomfort, just get a cotton pad and put some Betadine on it and and spread it all over the raw spots, it dries and makes scabs for quick healing, poor baby!

Answer by older at 11:24 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• A small bottle of Betadine is about $10. expensive but effective to prevent infection, this is what doctors use when doing surgery!!!!! worth every penny, for any use be it animal or you!!

Answer by older at 11:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• Aww- the poor thing! Did they give you any ointments to put on it? What about steroids or pain meds? That looks so painful & possibly infected. Maybe a stronger antibiotic?  Hope she gets better soon.  GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• that should be bandaged IMO

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• petsmart if you have one close, it's pretty cheap too, I order mine from a pet catalog in bulk.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• Just the powder to help with it and the oral antibiotics, it hasn't been a full day so maybe give it a couple days for the meds to check in and start helping but she's my new baby, I hate seeing her hurt
    LostSoul88

Comment by LostSoul88 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• they didn't say anything about wrapping, where would I get that stuff?
    LostSoul88

Comment by LostSoul88 (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• That's actually where I shop, I use the banfield vet that's inside
    LostSoul88

Comment by LostSoul88 (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2013