SO of a Mom Confession question, I guess I am the odd one?

On Mom Confessions there is a lady who is posting that her daughter came to her, and showed her a friend's facebook page.
I will spare you the gory details, but a 13 year old proudly admits to having sex, dating her 18 year old boyfriend.
This girl is going into the 7th grade, and the boyfriend is done with high school, the mother of the child seems to know about the sexual relationship.
I say she should call CPS, everyone else says to MYOB.
What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Really anonymous? Because if my 14 yo or any of her friends were dating an 18 yo AND publicly admitting to having sex with him, it would most certainly be a big deal. I can assure you of that.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 4:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• The problem with calling CPS is that they will schedule a visit, talk to the parent and give guidelines. I'm sure the mom will say whatever CPS wants to hear and that will be the end of it.

I say call the police. A 13 yr old should not be having sex with anyone, much less an 18 yr old. The 18 yr old can be in trouble for this. And if the parent knows about this and allows it, they can be in trouble for child endangerment.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 1:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• I just can't quit thinking about this. So a thirteen-year-old girl shows her mom an FB page belonging to her friend, probably thinking she can tell her mom anything and that her mom will step up like a grown-up and help someone she cares about. And people are telling this woman to mind her own business? Seriously?

No wonder abused kids don't come forward more often and trust the adults who are supposed to care for them. The adults would rather bury their heads in the sand--or post to a bunch of strangers on a Internet site--than defend the children. It's what I found to be true some thirty years ago, and apparently it's basically still true today, although thank goodness, the moms in Answers seem to have a better handle on how to be grown-ups.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

•  Do what you feel you need to do on behalf of that child

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• 13 year old + 18 year old = Rape
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:19 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• Anon, dating an 18 yr old and having sex with them are 2 different things. I dated older guys when I was younger, but didn't have sex with any of them. When I was15, I was dating a 20 yr and the worse we ever did was kiss. My dad found out and called the police. The police had a nice little chat with him and told him to find a girl his own age to date. They told him if they had to talk to him again about this, he would be facing jail time.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 4:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• I say she should be filing charges.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• Call CPS

Answer by older at 1:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• the mother should
    but sounds like she will not
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2013