Please Help.....

I am 20 years old, have been off BC for almost 2 years now. If my period has ever been late it's only every been at most 3 days. My last period was May 24, 2013 missed my period in June and on July 2, 2013 I tested early in the am saw the neg. come up as it always does automatically and walked away from it. Decided to come back just to double check and really looked at it and saw a faint positive sign. As of July 2, 2013 I i was 9 days late on my period which has never happened. I started spotting light pink in the early afternoon and then about 2 hours later it turned brownish/orange. It stayed that way only when wiping. I woke up at 3 am on July 3 and found heavier bleeding which has lasted all day I wore a light pad from 6am to 1pm didn't fill the entire pad but filled the center & have been wearing a regular pad since. I had cramps for the past week and half but no regular signs of period. What could be happening? I heard

caa51807

Asked by caa51807 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Congratulations, you got your period.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• Nah..... can't help ya.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• My guess is your period has started.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• Not sure. You can still have partial periods during early pregnancy, you could also have some other things going on. How bad is the pain and are you running any temp?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• You might have gotten pregnant and had a very early miscarriage. The downside of early accurate tests is that many women find out they are pregnant sooner than they did in past generations, and then they miscarry because something in the complicated processes of cell division and implantation didn't work out right. These miscarriages used to happen before women knew they had conceived. When I had sex education back in the old days--the eighties--we were told that pregnancy tests could be taken no less than ten days after a missed period. Now,standard tests can be used as soon as you are late, or some even before.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• I second Ballad. Remember though your cycles can change with age, stress, hormones, and even thyroid problems. Just because it's never been this late before doesn't mean it never will. Pregnancy tests are considered invalid if not read within the time frame stated by the manufacturer. A positive after 10 minutes is usually evaporation.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2013