Anyone else over-think?

Anyone else ever get a pain, discomfort, or other health "symptom" and over-think it?

I feel like everytime something goes wrong with me I over-think it drastically (I don't go to the hospital or doctor though) I just keep thinking and thinking and stress myself out more and more...

Like tonight I kept getting this like pressure and pain in between my shoulder blades and the first thing that comes to my mind is a heart attack :\ Why? I don't know, I've never had a heart attack before, but yet it still came to my mind.. And I just way over thought the situation..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2013 in Health

• I do not but I know some people like this.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• Getting anxious always makes a bad pain worse, always.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• Like I know I do it, but just can't figure out why..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• Are you pretending to be me? I will Google it and convince myself I am dying.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• I'm an under-responder. I mostly think 'oh, it will probably go away...'

It helps that I'm generally right :D
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• It helps that I'm generally right :D

How do you get thru doorways with that huge head of yours?
    Anonymous

• Yeah a heart attack wouldn't be felt between the shoulder blades and the word you are looking for is HYPOCHONDRIAC.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• Here's some food for thought.... There aren't many things that refer pain to that area... it's often referred from the lower cervical spine. But... mid-back pain can be indicative of your blood sugar control systems being out of whack as the nerves the pancreas, liver, and adrenal glands travel out from this part of the spine.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• I am a major over thinker, and not just medical things. I call myself the queen of irrational fears.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:54 AM on Jul. 4, 2013

• Happens with me too.. I think a lot even about trivial matters and find it really difficult to control/stop thoughts to enter in my mind. Meditation is a way of controlling thoughts entering in the mind. It helps stay calm. I would recommend it to you.
    thedabarry

Answer by thedabarry at 5:26 AM on Jul. 4, 2013