it feels like my water is leaking not a strong gush...I put on a pantiliner to make sure...should I wait for contractions or do I go straight to the hospital

Tonya L.

Asked by Tonya L. at 7:44 AM on Jul. 4, 2013 in Pregnancy

• What you do is call your doctor and ask them what to do. Common sense.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 8:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2013

• Having had three babies, I would wait, but you should probably call and ask your doc what he wants you to do.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:19 AM on Jul. 4, 2013

• not for nothing- but isnt there anyone you trust on your friends list to ask this question to?

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:29 AM on Jul. 4, 2013

• This would be the LAST place I would go for advice if I felt my water broke! SERIOUSLY!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 4, 2013

• call your doctor
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2013

• Smell your pantiliner. Smells like urine = pee. Smells sweet = amniotic fluid.

Go into labor and delivery and they will do an exam to test the fluid for ferning.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2013

• Unlike the movies or TV it is not always a gush. If you are constantly wet I would go get checked.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• I'm sorry. You must be a Cafemom member to utilize our advice or opinions. :P
    Anonymous

• Good luck delivering that baby!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• Call your doctor and let them know that you suspect your water is leaking and they may either want you to go in to check or the may just wanted you to wait it out and see if contractions start.

With my first, I kept thinking my water had broken and it hadn't...they would tell me to put on a liner and lie on my side (and then roll onto other side) for 10-20 minutes and then stand up and if it started to gush/drizzle then it was most likely my water.
    collegexmamix28

Answer by collegexmamix28 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 5, 2013