Another Facebook/Answers Question....

So, as you all know there was an issue with Facebook over the weekend. We've posted about this many times since and have all agreed, more or less that Facebook Questions should stay on Facebook Cafemom Answers... not here. Again, it was suggested to Admin who told us there is nothing wrong with what they allow here.

I discussed with them about the account posted last week with the same name as me (it's in the Money and Work section if you want to check it out). It was suggested to me that I could find this account by searching Facebook and profile pictures to find out who it was. However, that led me no where.

I got a letter back from Admin stating that account "SEEMS" to be linked back to a real Facebook account.

My question is... how come I can't find it? This is the issue.... I've looked, I've searched an still came up with nothing. Why can't their accounts be linked so that WE as Answers users can find them too? I find this a violation. Again, what can we do about this?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 12:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Good morning m-avi!

I saw that and immediately went to FB to see if I could find that "guy" and no luck!
    I consider myself to be a pretty good investigator too, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• Wish I could help you out there, but I don't do FB- I really don't see why it would be so hard for CM to require someone to be a CM member in order to comment or post here. {sigh}
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• the odds are excellent IF those new fb posters are past cafemom members who have found a new way to get into answers and not have to be accountable for their actions and never have to worry about getting poofed
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• there have been several that I couldnt find
    hell theres one here today

and i know that it can be done because another member and i found the same FB profile and commented here about it
    but CM Answers FB page doesnt seem to make much sense anyways.

The most recent post is from april?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• I also tried searching for it a while back... it's obvious someone is using that name to copy you.

No surprise that the CM powers that be will not do anything about it. It goes back to the whole issue of the fact that they will enforce rules for some, not all. They will help some members, not others. I have also been a victim of subtle harassment that they refuse to address - BUT if it was a different member it would have been dealt with immediately. I just wish they would be consistent in enforcing the rules.

This whole posting from FB needs to go away. If you are NOT a CM member there is NO scenario that would make it OK for you to post on CM... PERIOD!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• if someone can make a screen shot of the "sign up" to be a member page
    and paste it into here
    i will copy it and use it on every FB question that is questionable
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:03 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• Facebook has settings that allow you to make your profile completely private.

Fine. I get that. But
    what are the odds that all the FB posters in the past week or so have their profiles set to private
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• all right here's something else that'll make you go hmmm?

you know on the main answers page there's that like us on FB and the number of people that like them? and all those pics? click on one of them. goes straight to their FB page

but CM cant do it for posters
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• Maybe she would just stop answering those FB posts and start saying something like this:
    "Are you a CM member?? How is it you can post here if you are not a CM member??"
    Do you think that may help... since admins refuse to help us??
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• if you ARE a cafemom member, can you come into answers section and ask questions..... i think not (might be wrong- please let me know)
    but
    if you are NOT a cafemom member, a non mom or even a man, you can post from facebook into answers section
    but you can not into groups...does that seem to make any sense?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2013