my 13month old baby keeps flinching her body for no reason

autumnmist75

Asked by autumnmist75 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what does her ped say about this?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• For no reason? How do you know that?

Talk to her doc.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• My nephew did the same thing and would also shake when something startled him. We thought maybe he had possible signs of autism. We took him to a specialist and they said that because he was born prematurely (he is a twin) that his nervous system did not fully develop and in some cases they don't fully develop until they are 2 yrs old!' Crazy!! He will be 2 in October and he does this twitching and shaking thing sometimes, but NOT half as bad as it used to be!! Good luck with that!! Take the child to a specialist just in case so that they can rule out any other issues that this may be!! God Bless!!
    Concerned9045

Answer by Concerned9045 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• is it all the time or every once in a while? I still do it off and on. I think mostly when I'm cold or really nervous about something. But, it has to be for a reason either way. I would bring it up at the next doctor apt. good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2013