What house rules do you have?

When both parents have to work and kids have to be alone until one of you get home.

I have a dd10 & ds12 I have been home with them since they were babies and now I am ready to go back to the working field but I need to make some rules here before I can feel comfortable leaving them.
They are good kids but my ds loves to annoy my dd no matter how many times we ask him to stop or take things away and ground him he just don't gets it. They know not to have friends over while we not home so they know that much. School will be starting soon and I need to have a routine here and a plan. I greatly appreciate all your thoughts & ideas.

Thank you Ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Don't answer the door, no friends over, no leaving unless you say they can...no cooking on the stove...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:03 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• My son is too young still but as a latch key kid at 11 my rules were no use of the stove/oven, don't open the door, and don't leave the house.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• Oh and call as soon as I got home from school.
    maecntpntz219

• No play with electricity. No open door for neighbors nor strangers. Always leave a note on a table where you are - which friend home. No patting dogs.
    kujus04

Answer by kujus04 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• 1. No shoes in the house.
    2. Don't be a dick.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• Ah, I just realized I missed the line about being home alone. Sorry, clearly I need more coffee.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• Be sure to set the parental controls on your computer since you won't be around to supervise what your kids are doing online. Make rules about them not eating a bunch of junk food after school, too.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:04 PM on Jul. 4, 2013