Bew born out too early?? advice!

My bf wants to go out I would love to but we just had our baby 5 days ago and I'm scared that if I take him out he might get sick. We will just be going out to his families house. But I am so paranoid. I read so many posts about people saying that their baby had to get spinal taps and had to stay in the hospital. I don't want to risk my baby getting sick. He has his one week app this coming up monday I believe. Any advice should we stay?

mylovelylife

Asked by mylovelylife at 3:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have others wash their hands before holding baby, don't go around anyone who is sick and have fun.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• Yeah I can do that I am just so scared I don't want him in pain
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• I understand that you are scared, but if not now then when? When do you think he will be old enough to go out? Unless he already has health issue there is no reason to keep him home, just make sure he stay hydrated if you are out in the heat.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• From what I see he is healthy other tham him having jaundice. I don't know I justvget paranoid. And since he hasn't had his vaccines yet I don't know.
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• You CAN go out with the strict rule that NO ONE TOUCHES THE BABY. (That's for your peace of mind more than anything else.)

And BF must be told that the instant you feel too tired (which will probably be after one or two hours), he is to TAKE YOU HOME.

He may prefer to go without you under those circumstances, and that's OK.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• Tha k you I will tell him that
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• I'd be more scared of hurting myself 5 days PP or passing a clot or something embarassing.

I didn't take my kids out for 3 weeks. Especially tonight- I'd be terrified of a firework hitting the baby or the baby breathing in that sulfur.

But I'm paranoid.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• If everyone who is going to be there is fine (not sick with colds and such) then I wouldn't worry about it
    Do YOU feel like going 5 days after?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• I'm scared of that too!!!! That's why I don't really want to go.
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• I feel like its too soon to go out period I'm still on pain we live on the third floor sonit hurts to walk up all those stairs
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2013