Weird dreams.

I'm always having the weirdest dreams abouty boyfriend. It's so weird, and sick, but I can't help what I dream about. It's not like I sit here and think about the stuff.

But I dream that he leaves me or cheats on me with his ex.
I dream about his ex.
(Sick one) Or I dream about him and my mom. Like ill dream that I'm screaming at him or something because he cheated with my mom, or I'll dream about something happened between them two. I hate it! It's beyond sick. I mean my mother is very attractive, and she's only 10 years older than him. But still ew!!

My friend says dreaming like this means that my conscious is trying to tell me something. What is your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2013 in Relationships

• The only thing that dreams like this can tell you is that you are, basically, very insecure. Work on that because if you don't you will lose this guy. Insecurity is a huge turn-off for many men...
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 7:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• Cheating- being dishonest with yourself. Not living up to your real feelings. Feelings about being betrayed or your trust abused in some way.

boyfriend-your emotional feelings, attachment to, the boyfriend; the difficulties, struggle with feelings and sexuality felt in connection with boyfriend or other males; your insights into his behavior

What is going on in your waking life to leave your feeling this way? What are you lying to yourself about? Your right you can't control what you dream about, but your subconscious is using the imagery for a reason. It's not always as it seems either, but something happened to cause it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• Your unconscious or subconscious tells you something about yourself. (Such as, that you have some fears!)
    It's always "about you" but it can also reflect what you fear is true/actual.
    If these fears don't make conscious sense to you (seem truly crazy, and you have no reason to think that anything could be going on) then the "message" doesn't likely extend to the literal. The dreams indicate how insecure you feel: such as how deeply you doubt that you are worthy, or safe, or that you can trust in good things without risking loss, or that the love is real, etc.
    If your fears are rooted in some kind of "cause" (he's had a lot of cheating problems in past relationships, or he's already cheated on you, or your mother is compulsive about chasing younger/any/all guys) then the dreams do express YOUR fear but also reflect mistrust of your boyfriend. REASONABLE doubt about a person can drive insecurity even if we're denying the doubt.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 8:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• My boyfriends done some things to me in the past. Like talking to his ex, or creating a dating website. Sometimes I feel like his self-judgement isn't too good, because of his past. Sometimes I do I feel like I can't trust him. But then I put the blame on me, and say its just my insecurity.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• Then the big question is...................(as sick as it is to think about)
    If my mother was to come on to him, do I think he wouldn't let it happen?!! I honestly can say I don't know.... I just don't know.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• Our dreams often reveal our own epthoughts and intuitions. I am thinking that you do not basically feel that this man is trustworthy. He may very well be perfect in every way but you deep down do not believe it.
    I think you might want to look in a different place for love.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2013

• your conscious is telling you that you have fears based on your own self-esteem issues. what happened right before you started having these dreams that made you question his faithfulness or your own attractiveness, etc. that's f'ed up that you don't know if your mom would go for it. maybe your friend knows your mom well? have you observed things that make you feel uncomfortable that you are talking yourself out of?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2013