Is this bad? Experience anyone? adult content

Progressively, little by little over the past 6 months to a year I have started having clots with my menstration. This month seems worse than ever, but none bigger than a quarter. I'll probably make an appointment tomorrow, but anyone think this could be normal? Happen to anyone else? Fibroids? And do fibroids mean cancer? Yep, I'm ignorant about this and a hypochondriac at times. Lol

Kword

Asked by Kword at 11:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2013 in Health

• It's common as you age to have a thickening of the uterine lining. This results in heavier periods, clots, cramps, PMS and PMDD.....
    Talk to your doctor, and don't go jumping off any bridges before you get to them.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:18 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• sounds like fibroids, and no most of the time they are benign.
    SAMI_JO

Answer by SAMI_JO at 12:20 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Fibroids are noncancerous and can cause this. Hormonal changes can also cause changes you describe. It's probabaly nothing out of the ordinary as things will change as you age. You can probably wait until your next yearly exam, but if it's bugging you talk to your doc sooner.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:20 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• I don't know, but here's a bump. I hope you get positive answers soon.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:26 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• I had them with every period as far as I can remember from the beginning. The clots were never associated with fibroids or cancer with my GYN. Always best to see your doctor and get the latest info.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:46 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Clots can be normal. What I've always been told is that if there's a change in your period that bothers you, whether it seems normal or not, talk to your doctor. So I would talk to your doctor. He/she may tell you that it's fine and perfectly normal or they may run some tests.

I've always had a few clots with mine. They've never been too big, so I've never worried about them.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:58 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• PGA- thanks for the answer. And KWord thanks for asking.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• I t could be normal. I had fibroids once I started getting blood clots, and there nothing to take lightly if you are experiencing blood clots, pain etc. go to an obgyn as soon as possible. good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Thanks girls. I'll probably call and ask. It has been a year since my last pap, but they started doing them every two years here as long as you are not high risk and have a normal result.
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Thanks, gals. I think since this is something that didn't used to happen and has been progressively getting worse over the past year, I'm going to call for an appointment. Today, there was one that was much bigger than ever before (larger than a quarter), so I'm going to make an appointment to be sure. Here's to hoping it's something easily remedied.
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2013