Should I worry about my baby's green poop

I breast&bottle feeding. My baby poops green sometimes, and there is mucus in his poop as well sometimes. Could it be that am eating something he doesn't like? I am worried.

Tilly954

Asked by Tilly954 at 2:35 AM on Jul. 5, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Idk, but if I was worried I'd call the pedi and ask!
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 2:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• I would call his doctor and find out.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:51 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• When I breast fed my babies, their poop was sometimes green. I wouldn't be worried. If you see blood in it, then you can be worried.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• My son had that too when I was starting to breastfeed. Usually unless it's black or red i wouldn't be too worried. But call the Ped doctor if you feel it doesn't look right.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Green is an OK color for poop. If its red (like blood), black, or white, then you can worry.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Green is a perfectly normal color for poop.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• My daughter had green poop now and then, and when I asked my pediatrician, she said it was normal and not to worry about it unless it obviously had blood in it or it was black. But if you are concerned, it wouldn't hurt to talk to a nurse at your pediatrician's office, just to put your mind at ease if there are any symptoms of illness to go along with the off color.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2013