So how many of you were kept awake half the night by idiots armed w/ a lighter & "explosives"?! :p

Ugh! I swear, I wanted to jump in the van this am, windows down & blaring some obnoxious music. Just so I could be the one to wake up all the idiots who were up half the night shooting off fireworks. It's become so annoying over the last few years, that I have come to completely dread this holiday. What about you?

Yes- I am crabby from lack of sleep, and if the coffee won't cut it, then I'm taking a nap! :p

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:23 AM on Jul. 5, 2013 in Holidays

• UGH!!! Don't even get me started! They are even illegal in this state and I feel like I was living in a war zone! Dumbasses!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• That was us lol. Our entire town doesn't stop until way after midnight.i woke up at five, your music wouldn't bother me
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:39 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• They were going off ALL over and their illegal here as well.
    I had my son's 100lb dog in my lap until midnight, poor thing!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Surprisingly they were quiet before midnight so I don't know if there are laws on how late they can shoot them. New Year's Eve is an entirely different story because they don't start until the stroke of midnight.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:02 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• It's illegal here to set them off and yet at the park overlooking the city, someone set off an hours worth of fireworks. Very beautiful and must have been pricey and then the cops came. But I didn't hear anything after midnight. I hate whichever is just the loud, explosive boom. No lights, just sounds like a bomb. Poor cat...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• I sure miss the days when all the neighbors got together and bought a bunch of fireworks. It would be like a big block party with the dads setting them off and us kids watching. Before the big "show" the kids would run around with sparklers, black cats and the worm things. So much fun and everyone was done early. Back when there were roman candles etc. and the government did not try to legislate against stupidity.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 11:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• I didn't fall asleep until after 4am. Besides the fireworks, the people behind us had a party. It was their teenage kids. Partied in the yard until around 3:30 am. The girls were screaming like babies & yelling. The baby woke up at 2am so I had to bring her in my bed then my Son woke up at 3 because he was scared. I didn't have the energy to call the Police or yell out the window. So glad the 4th is over.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• That's why we do ours as soon as it gets dark. It was raining last night, though, so we have to do them tonight instead. But since it was raining, that means our neighbors will be doing them, too, so it should be fine.

Once I go to sleep, I don't hear things like fireworks outside. And I leave my TV on to cover noises like that until I fall asleep - I set a sleep timer on it so it goes off after about 2 hours. Plenty of time to fall asleep. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:38 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• It seemed like everyone here got theirs done a over with before 11pm. Either that or the police were really cracking down.idk.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:15 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• nope- we had about 20 bucks worth of little ones and that was it on my street - though we could see big ones going off all around, they were not noisy
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:51 AM on Jul. 5, 2013