How do I snap my 20 year old brother out of a midlife crisis. He's hanging out with teenagers!!

My little brother and I have always been close and he's an INCREDIBLY smart person. Within the past few months something snapped in his head and he's reverted back to wanting to be a teenager. All his friend became 15 and 16 year old kids. And they're not an intelligent group either. In fact one of them is a 15 year old promiscuous girl who has a crush on him so he goes out of his way to see her every single day but always has her home when her mom wants her home. Wtf do I do. These kids treat him like god, and like he's the coolest thing ever. I know that's why he's doing it is for the attention. He used to have such a good head on his shoulders. Now he doesn't have any friends his own age. What do I do before my brother ends up screwing himself into a mess I can't help him out of.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jul. 5, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• What happen to make him lose friends his own age?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• *happened*
    virginiamama71

• Unless your brother is only going to make it to age forty, he's NOT having a midlife crisis. He sounds immature and you should let him know that he is opening himself up to statutory rape charges if he pursues young girls.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:39 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Nobody knows.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• You can have a midlife crisis at any age so don't be a bitch
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Maybe invite him to spend time with you and your friends.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Not being a bitch. A midlife crisis happens at the middle of your life, that's why it's called that. It makes a difference in answering your question, because your brother is acting immature, not acting like a person afraid of getting old which is what a midlife crisis is typically caused by.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:45 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• I used to hang out with people younger than I was- allmost all my friends were younger by 1-5 yrs when I was that age
    I turned out fine- but we all met while going to an under age club so...

Your brother needs to be careful though, if he is wanting to hang out with this girl. Just having younger friends is odd- but unless they are getting into trouble I see no real problem with it...

Does he work and have friends there? Maybe have him come to some social things with you and your friends so he can meet some older people?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:49 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• I agree, he needs to back off from the girl. It can only lead to trouble- at her age she is enchanted by an older man and bragging to her friends, and likely will do all she can to lure him, not really understanding the consequences of tiny feet pattering around her parents' house, plus criminal charges for him.

Answer by Bmat at 9:56 AM on Jul. 5, 2013

• That is a wish life crisis. Wish he was a teen again. In denial. He is an adult and have responsibilities.  

Answer by louise2 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 5, 2013