How often do you see your cousins?

I don't see mine very often. My one cousin out of nowhere, asked me ever so nicely if I had time to get together. I was surpised. He's always so busy, and i thought it was nice he texted me. We are about the same age.

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 4:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2013 in Relationships

• Not very often- in fact some of them I have not seen in YEARS. There are a couple (my favorites) that I see more - but since they are in Phoenix and I moved away from there about 9 yrs ago...it's about every few years or so that I get to see them :(
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• All the cousins I had were left back in Cuba, have not seen them in over 50 some years, but my children's cousins are very close, they get together regularly and now that my daughter has a baby, one of her cousins does too and those two babies are always together, even sharing the same breast milk!

Answer by older at 4:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• on dad's side, never, on mom's just Christmas or if I go by and see my grandmother (they all like to free load over there). I see my dh's cousins more often than I see my own. But I'm ok with that, I love his family, mine kind of sucks.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Mine are all half way across the country. Not that often.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• One almost everyday. She is one of my neighbors. The others a couple times a month.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Than there are so many on my Mother's side I have not see in years.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• i only have two cousins- dad's side. they're about 10 years older than me and i haven't seen either of them since i was a little girl... probably about 20 years or so. they live in connecticut and im in florida. but one of them had triplets a little over a year ago.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Oh, I can't remember. I have 5 cousins I never see. It's been 20 or 25 years.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• When I was a kid, I grew up with my cousins. We saw each other every week or more. I miss that for my daughter, but she only sees her cousins a few times a year, if that. She doesn't even know some of them. I see my adult cousins a few times a year when the family gets together, but there's not much room for interaction beyond the hi, how are you stuff. One cousin I see more often and talk to on the phone, and we make it a point to get our little girls together for birthdays and a few times a year for play dates.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• I haven't seen my cousins in years. Some, it's been almost a full decade, other's a few years less. We're pretty scattered now. But I stay in touch with most of them (all but 3, 1 isn't on FB, and the other 2...let's just say we're not close and leave it at that, shall we?) through Facebook.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2013