Tablets besides iPad...

What are some tablets that support Netflix and have apps for kid- friendly games? My dd wants an iPad for her birthday but I think that is WAY too much to spend on one gift.

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2013 in Technology

• my dad just bought himself an ipad, so he gave us his old lenovo tablet. i dont have any issues with it, it has netflix, and ive downloaded a bunch of other kid friendly apps on it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• How old is your child? We bought my daughter, who is five, a Nabi2 for $180 at Target, plus $30 for a kid-safe bumper case. I'm not sure if it has Netflix on it, but it has a lot of educational games, an non-educational games, plus music, a camera, and the Internet that we can restrict less as she grows into it. My cousin just bought her seven-year-old a Kurio7 tablet at Toys R Us, and it seems to be very similar to the Nabi2.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• get a kindle fire. 100 bucks. netflix app and TONS of kids crap
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• We have the Samsung Galaxy for our kids. Around $150-$190 depending where you buy.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• she'll be 7. We want one that will support Netflix b/c we'll be on the road a lot and she gets bored easy.
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• thanks everyone, my dh can't resist dd's big hazel eyes. She's getting the ipad. *sigh*
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2013