3 bedroom house- two bedrooms upstairs- one bedroom downstairs- a 3 year old and a 7 month old- who gets what room?

Both kids upstairs with gates and monitors?

Baby downstairs with us at night- 3 year old upstairs with gate?

Only bathroom is downstairs.

HMM

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I'd keep the baby downstairs with you for a while. It's odd that's there's no bathroom upstairs.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• id keep baby with me
    when i had a house like that thats what i did- if you couldnt find the potty on your own in the dark you were with mom and dad
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Just looking at rentals. Have not applied for any yet.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• It looks like the upstairs is just stairs and split into two rooms. Cant tell. Only 800 sq ft. Still 1000 a month. I don't know why rentals are so expensive.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• My cousin had this situation, and strangely enough, she found it most convenient to put the baby downstairs alone, with a monitor, and have the preschooler upstairs with her. The logic was that the baby would stay in bed where she was laid, and the parents could hear her on the monitor If she cried. But the older girl needed to be able to find her parents easily if she ggot out of bed in the dark.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Since you didn't sign anything yet, I would keep looking if I were you. I would not be comfortable being on a different level of the house than my kids.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Geez...tough call. On the one hand, I'd be afraid of having the kids upstairs, because the 3 yr old at least could fall down them (even with a gate, could climb over). But the idea of having either of them downstairs alone would bother me, too - I'd have images of the baby being kidnapped, and the 3 yr old walking out the front door without me knowing.

I think I'd keep looking, if I were you. But if you have no choice, I'd probably put both the kids upstairs, with either a monitor in both rooms, or one between the two rooms, and teach the 3 yr old to call for you if he/she needs to use the bathroom.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• If possible, I would put both kids in one room, on the same floor as you, and make the extra room down stairs a playroom/ tv room
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 8:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• All upstairs. baby in with you or sister. That's the only way I could do it. Downstairs room as playroom.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• I would put both kids upstairs with gates and monitors.

Answer by missanc at 9:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2013