I am 37 weeks and 6 days and have not felt any contraction and have not lost my mucus plug Is this normal and how will i know when its really time?

mom2be8613

Asked by mom2be8613 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2013 in Pregnancy

• you still have 2-4 weeks yet

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• oh you will know at first you'll feel off and then contractions feel like you have to poop really bad and that's when it's time
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 7:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• It might be too late for prenatal classes, but if you haven't done it, go to the maternity unit at your hospital and ask to talk to a nurse and get a tour. They can at least give you the basics so you know what to expect. I never knew it when I lost my mucus plug. I just had what felt like really hard cramps or gas pains that kept me awake one night and got closer and closer together, and when I went to the hospital, I was dilated to four so I was admitted. It's different for everybody.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• I've seen women lose their mucus plug in their second trimester (it grows back when that happens, BTW), and I've seen women lose them while in labor, and everything in between. Don't stress, mama!! You're only just now full term (37-42 weeks)- it'll happen! =) Don't stress out watching for all those little signs, because seriously, they mean nil. Until you're having regular contractions or your water breaks, nothing is certain. Same goes for cervical checks (NO need to have them, as they don't mean a thing).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• I was the same way. I scheduled an induction for 41 weeks for my first & 39 for my second. They would still be in there if I didn't! JK :)

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Believe me, when a contraction hits you will know. As for the plug, I never saw mine. Not once in four pregnancies. Don't know if it never happened or if I just didn't pay that much attention. I did know a contraction though. I had to stop and wait for it to pass before I could keep walking.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2013