I am Soooo bored!!!!!!!!!!

I went from working 125-130 hrs. every 2 wks while my husband and I were seperated (and we got a divorced). But we got back togeather and moved to another state bought a new house so I had to quit my job. Now I sit at home all day long with just my daughter and I until my son gets home from school. And my x-husband is a truck driver so he is never home. So you can tell that I am bored out of my mind because I want to sleep till 9 or 10 and I have also gained like 20 lbs in 2 months. O and my daughter is so deveice that it is hard to leave her with anyone else long enough for me to go to work. Does anyone have any ideas????????

lilbitcan

Asked by lilbitcan at 11:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in About CafeMom

• wow that is boring...just kidding

Try to do some kind of workout with your daughter or go outside and do some gardening just don't sit there you will for sure gain weight. Or tell yourself since my dh is always gone let me loose some weight so I can feel good about myself and I know he will be happy to see me and not to mention your daughter will be getting a positive sign of you.

Just keep moving girl. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Play with your children, read a book, work out, join a playgroup, scrapbook, bake, cook meals from scratch, deep clean your house
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I sooo understand how you feel i stopped working after i got pregnant with my 2nd child (hes 2 now) I am going to night school twice a week and thats the only time i really get away from them. Staying at home can be very boring and harmful to your waist line, but try to find things to fill up your time, a hobby or something to look forward to during the day. Think of stuff you and your kids can do together, go to the park (cheep way of getting out of the house). Look and see what kinds of things are going on in your area that are kid friendly. Hope this helps!
    candace71306

Answer by candace71306 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• As a truckers wife i also go threw the same but what i do ia play with kids, 1 hr before bedtime we get fit with each other but i also put them to bed early so i can have time to myself
    Anonymous

• Treat your time with daughter as a full time job. Schedule the day...and field trips. It really is a full time job anyway. Manage the household expenses and chores. Make lists, schedule priorities. Budget and keep track of how much you are saving. You sound like a type A personality that has lost her purpose. If you do these things it will help you to feel as though you are in control, and you will see how valuable your "job" is. When you budget, give yourself a salary, treat saving as bonuses, and don't forget to schedule vacation, personal days. You may be able to find another mom to trade babysitting with...someone who already has kids knows that they can be devious. Don't worry. They can handle it. It won't be long before daughter is in school and you can work outside of the house again. Time flies.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Sounds like my life, my husband is in the Navy so he's gone alot. I started working from home to keep busy and when I start to feel "Ugly" because I never go out or get dressed up, I just get up, get dressed, do my hair and makup and then head to the computer to work. It gives me something to do with my time and extra money to take my kids to the Zoo or the park. If working from home is something you think would help you feel better here's a link you can check out!

http://www.MomsFreeTime.com
    crysandlg

Answer by crysandlg at 1:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Well I try to do fun stuff with my daughter she is good while we are doing it, but as soon as we get home (when I have to put my attention on anything other than her she starts acting out. So then I get on to her and then tell her if she does anything else we wont do anything tommorow which punishes me as well. But that does not bother her because she will do it again so everytime I do fun stuff wit her it is almost like I am feeding the fire. So to say. And thaks for all you guys responses!!!!!!! It is awesome just to think that I have someone to talk to and they respond and not talk back.
    lilbitcan

Answer by lilbitcan at 3:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2009