Does anyone have any good ideas on how to reveal our baby's gender to my husband

My husband is unable to attend my ultrasound with me to find out the gender because of work related stuff with the military and he's kinda bummed I'll find out before him so I thought it would be a good idea if I had the tech put the gender in an envelope and I surprise him at work so we find out together. But I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to surprise him

Jasmommie

Asked by Jasmommie at 9:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Get naked & wrap yourself in blue or pink ribbon!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• he would love that but there's 2 things wrong with that 1. I don't think it would be appropriate for me to show up to his work naked & 2. I want to find out with him LOL
    Jasmommie

Comment by Jasmommie (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Having the tech put a "male" or "female" note in an envelope seems reasonable to me, like you were thinking, but how will you keep from peeking when the ultrasound is done? If you don't look, then you'll miss your baby waving and wiggling on the screen, which I'm told is the cool part of an ultrasound.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• well I talked to the tech already and she said I can watch and everything but when she goes to look at the gender she'll tell me to look away and I'm pretty good at not peeking our first child we didn't find out til birth and our daughter we found out after the ultrasound when we where alone but this is the first time he wont be at the Dr with me
    Jasmommie

Comment by Jasmommie (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Can't help you. To surprise him with the reveal implies that you should already know. In this case you are both being surprised soo... no ideas. You'll both be looking in the envelope at the same time.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• I read about a gender revealing party in which the tech put gender in envelope, mom took it to bakery, and they baked a cake with pink or blue inside, and you couldn't tell which cuz of frosting. Could do a little personal one for you and hub?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2013