Make it stop!!! (need indoor ideas!)

It has rained 5 days straight and it's suppose to rain for another 7 days! We have read, watched movies, played board games, etc. We tried to go to the Movies yesterday but they were sold out for the movies my son wanted to see, so we went to the arcade instead. Today we went indoor rock climbing. I can't take it anymore

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 10:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2013 in Just for Fun

• How old is your son again?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• He is 8, almost 9.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Origami is perfect for his age group. A project like this could wile away an afternoon. You can find youtube videos for most pieces, so you can make whatever he wants.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• My stepson loves origami, and I've bought several books from Amazon and even Target. Would he be interested in anything artsy? Making a model airplane, going to a watercolor class, which they often have at Michaels, the hobby store?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Good idea, Ballad. He loves art. I would do the origami, however, I am horrible at following directions on making a 3-D object with the directions on a flat instruction sheet, lol.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• That is why you watch youtube to figure out how to fold it. You can rewatch any part you need to over and over again until you figure it out.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• search thing to do with kids and your city and state.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Once with my boys I went to grocery and furniture stores and got a bunch of big boxes. Then I bought duct tape paint and an exacto knife.We sspent days constructing and painting a big indoor fort. They loved it
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Couch cushion forts
    Making shadow puppets on the wall with a flashlight
    Home made pay doh
    Bake something
    Indoor scavenger hunt
    And if he likes to complain he's bored I'm sure you can find something for him to CLEAN! (That will keep him from whining anyway!)
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2013

• if you have a Home Depot or Lowe's near by the have FREE craft projects on Saturday's I know it doesn't waste much time but you can get some other things and build something else.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2013