Had a baking soda SPILL on my pergo floor...

And I am having a bitch of a time getting it up!! Its great to clean with, a bitch to clean it up! I still have a residue I can see and feel...ideas??

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Did u vacuum? Sweep? Is it wet? Masking tape?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Vacuum?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• mop with vinegar

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• I tried the vacuum, made it worse! lol I can't do straight vinegar, my hubby CANNOT stand the smell and he is sleeping. I just used straight water and I am waiting to see what happens. Then if that works, I will have to go to my trusty Swiffer WetJet with wood cleaner with hope it will put the shine back in.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2013

• Why would you have gotten it wet? That was a bad idea?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2013

• With it getting wet, it made a paste, and then left the residue behind. I wasn't trying to use baking soda on the floor, I had to clean dd's mattress because she went the bed and it through the liner, and when I went into the kitchen to wait it to dry, the soda fell to the the floor. My DH thinking he was helping got the wet jet and cleaned it up before cleaning most of the baking soda up first. It made a mess! lol
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Oh! So HE made the mess and went to bed? And you still CARE if he doesn't like the smell of vinegar?!?!

Come on lady! Pour it on! (If it's safe on pergo that is)
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2013

• vinegar is the only thing that will dissolve it.
    staciandababy

• "Oh! So HE made the mess and went to bed? And you still CARE if he doesn't like the smell of vinegar?!?!"
    LOL...If it wasn't for the fact he would whine, bitch and complain...like during the 4th of July fireworks (another story) I would in a heartbeat!! Just for the revenge factor... But dd is sick, and I do not want to wake her up.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 12:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Dry baking soda, you should have just vacumed it up. Then clean the reast with a wet cleaner.

Answer by louise2 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2013