UTi at 34 weeks

Had anyone exspirenced a uti at the end of their pregnacy where it caused preterm labor. I was told yesterday that there was blood in my urine but I had no symptoms of a uti. I was also told there was no bacteria in my urine but the.lab is doing cultures.

I got a antibiotic today.

But I have menstrial cramps and pressure. Also braxton hicks.

Can this cause labor even on medication??

Sorry for bad spelling

mamadubbz

Asked by mamadubbz at 1:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2013 in Pregnancy

• This would be a question better addressed to your obstetrician or the doctor who gave you the antibiotics.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Why did they put you on an antibiotics if there is no bacteria? I had blood in my urine late in pregnancy. No early labor but after having my kids I found out I did have some kidney damage.

Answer by missanc at 4:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• I had multiple UTI's and preterm labor more times than I can count. There was no correlation between the two in my case. If you think you are in labor, you should go to the hospital so they can try to stop the contractions.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2013