Can anyone give me insight as to what could be going on

My period is has been irregular except for the last couple months it has come around the same time. I'm 5 days late ...My breast are usually sore but the have been extreamly painful along with my nipples. I feel the sensation sometimes as if im getting my period and when I run to the bathroom theres nothing there. I have not taken a pregnancy test, when should I take one and does anyone have any insight as to what could be going on?

AAlejandro1

Asked by AAlejandro1 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Just take a test.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• You're five days late. You can take a test to confirm or rule out pregnancy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• If you've already peed once today, test tomorrow morning.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Take a test in the morning G/L.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• sounds prenant to me
    pee on a stick and get back to us
    ------------------------
    *for the baby pool*
    i will take
    girl, 21 inches, 7 lbs, 5 oz
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Pee on the stick! You're already late!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• When was the last time you went to the GYN?

I would wait a few more days before testing but usually I say 10 days. I think the tests say 5
    Depending on your sex life you could be pregnant or you could just be having a blip in your cycle. It happens.

If you do not test pregnant after 10 days and are still having symptoms, wait and try again. If you go longer than a month I would see your GYN.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Sure. You'll need to send me a urine sample and two vials of blood. I need your height, weight, family history, and current blood pressure and pulse. A list of any medications you are on and whether or not you use recreational drugs. Also need the date of your last menstrual period. Do you smoke? Do you drink? How long have you been feeling off? When was your last pap smear? Do you have multiple sex partners? You will need to overnight all that to me in a refrigerated container. I will probably want to do an ultrasound after the blood work comes back.

It might be easier and cheaper for you to go get a test and follow up with your doctor if it comes back positive. He needs to see you in person so he can run the appropriate tests for your diagnosis. It can be any number of things.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2013