The way things change when you have kids--LOL!

Okay, it's frivolous, but I'm sitting here laughing. One of our neighbors is having a garage sale. My stepson took my daughter over to have a look, with a couple dollars I gave them from my purse. They came back with presents for me--a plastic pink ring that doesn't fit and a Dixie cup of lemonade, fifty cents each. Of course, I thanked my daughter for the gifts and gave her a big hug for thinking of me. But it just struck me as funny that in the world of motherhood, you rave over gifts you didn't really want or need, bought with yor own money that you didn't really care to spend, and all is right with the world.

So how has having ids changed your sense o reality?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 3:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2013 in General Parenting

• That is so sweet that she thought of you.
    Being peed on, puked on, and pooped on are all part of being a mom. I don't think you can really call yourself a mom unless those have happened to you.
    I also resist the urge to throw anything away that my kids made. I have a huge plastic tote full of things they have made, awards, pictures, newspaper clippings, and year books. I have a shelf in my china cabinet that is reserved for whatever they want to make and put in there.
    Before kids, I looked forward to expensive presents for my birthday. After having kids, I look forward to the hand made cards and gifts.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 3:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Yeah, that being peed on really isn't such a huge deal. lol Something that would have completely FREAKED me out pre parenthood.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Having kids has changed me so much. I dislike clutter but, my tiny apt is filled with kid stuff. I resist the urge to throw stuff away daily. I used to be self-conscious in public but, now I'll make a complete fool out of myself anywhere I am just to make my kids smile.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Well my kids can puke, pee, cough, sneeze on me not others not even my dh lol I'm more sensitive like brave had my crying bad i mean the mom wasnt turning back into herself awwww where as before I'd think suck it up if someone where crying.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2013