Don't know what's going on with my little girl

I'm not sure what's going on with my daughter. She's almost 4 years old and had been complaining that it hurt when she urinated so I finally took her to the doctor to have her urine tested and it came back with some white blood cells and they sent it in for a culture and that came back normal. The doctor did however put her on a medication to treat her because she had the white blood cells present. She's nearly finished with the med and still complaining of painful urination. She's been SCREAMING in her sleep...and I'm having to wake her, calm her down just for her to do it again a few hours later. She keeps doubling over and holding her stomach saying it hurts. When I ask where it hurts she points right below her belly button and says it "hurst like she has to pee." I've asked if she feels like she might throw up or if she needs to use the bathroom and she always says it just hurts when she pees. I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Take her back to the Doc, they can do a bladder scan to see if she is able to empty her bladder as well as how much urine is in there. An xray like a KUB can role out obstruction or constipation/excessive gas build up.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Get a second opinion. Sounds like the medication isn't working.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 3:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Bring her to the ER NOW. something is VERY wrong. It make be something internal & not related to what she is being treated for. Obviously white cells mean infection. If not in the bladder or Urinary Tract then there is a problem somewhere else. She NEEDS an abdominal ultrasound ASAP!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• It might be time to take her to a specialist
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• My granddaughter did that too. Turns out she had pneumonia. The nurse said it was pretty common because all they know is that they are in pain. Their bodies just hirt. Sounds like that. She has an infection somewhere in her body.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• ER. She needs tests run to find the source of pain, and from the sound of it, it can't wait until Monday at this point.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• I agree. Take her to the emergency room now.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• I'd go to the ER. whatever it is the antibiotic did not work.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• take her back to the doctor or ER

they may need to re-test and give her different meds
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• I took her in.

She's severely constipated - causing the belly pain.
    She doesn't even have a bladder infection - finding a new pediatrician NOW.
    She had a severe allergic reaction to her antibiotic that she didn't need in the first place - scary as hell.

She's doing MUCH better today. I have her on miralax, a probiotic and took her off the antibiotic.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2013