Breastfeeding question?

I am currently breastfeeding I was wondering for how long can I keep my milk in the platic bags for if they are being refrigiated? What about putting in the freezer? I've been freezing them but I don't want to keep doing that. I need this info because ill be going back to work aswell and I want to continue breastfeeding and we only have a refrigiator there.

mylovelylife

Asked by mylovelylife at 6:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm pretty sure you have to throw it out after 24 hours in the frige.
    latayra

Answer by latayra at 6:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• never mind, i just "googled" it :) its 8 days in the frige sorry !
    latayra

Answer by latayra at 6:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Thank you I just pumped and I just went ahead and frozed it:/
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Breastmilk is actually very stable try these links

here
    here

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• I was told up to six months in the freezer, which I did a couple of times, and a week in the fridge which I did regularly.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Okay and when it comes to warming it up do I leave it in the bad and boil water in a pot and put the bag there or dump the milk in the bottle and warm it on the pot? For how long? I know I'm asking so many questions but I was home with my first born up to 2 konths and I basically stopped breastfeeding once I went back to school.
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• I work in a daycare. We put the breastmilk in a glass and microwave 30 seconds. Or you can keep in the bag and put bag in really hot water for a few minutes.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Go to kellymom.com

Do not come back until you have read the entire site.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• reheating breast milk breaks down some of the nutrients- best to do in warm water bath
    if you have to microwave be sure to shake the hell out of it to avoid hot spots
    best place to test is just inside of your lip. not the part that is always exposed to weather etc. but the delicate part you sometimes bite.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Swirl the milk don't shake it.Btw the Breastfeeding group on here is awesome :) wtg.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2013