Rules at your house regarding boy/girlfriends over?

If you have an adult child at home, what are your house rules when they have a "romantic interest" over.

Do you care if you are home? What about if they want to go up to your child's bedroom?

Does your child push the limits (if you have them)?

Seems that adult children are hanging around longer, so there is sense of wanting to be treated as equals in the home they grew up in. Mine is 19, and not leaving anytime real soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• No members of the opposite sex in their rooms, or at least in their rooms with doors closed. And no over-nights. I don't care if they pay rent or not, if I'm not comfortable with it, it's my house, my rules. If they don't like it, then don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Our children could have their friends over, but they were entertained in the family room. They were not to enter the sleeping area.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Same rules as always. No one goes in any room and closes the door.
    No one in the bedroom.
    No one is allowed unless someone else is at home and every one leaves when we go to bed. Adult children are home at curfew although their curfew was later and a little flexible with notice.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• My mother made us have our boyfriends or my brothers girlfriends stay in the living room while visiting. I have 8 sister's, those were the rules in our house. I had the same rules in my house, for my children and hope this continues for their children.
    aflower

Answer by aflower at 12:28 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• With us it depends. My 13 year old now has her first bf and they are only allowed in the common areas. My 16 year old has been with her bf for over 2 years now and we give them more freedom.
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 4:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• If that adult child is not paying half(there part) of the house bills. They do not get the privilege of having that kind of guest over.

Answer by louise2 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Just for fun, what about same sex if your child is gay?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Same rules aply for me, gay or not.

Answer by louise2 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• I was allowed my boyfriend ( now DH) to spend the night, when I was already an adult, same bedroom, same bed. Same went at his home
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 8:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• thts right mrs.mom
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2013