What fun things did you do so far?

Summer break is in full! We so far went to lego land, water park, sea world, safari, my daughter finished one camp and on her way finishing another. We had one cook out and some play dates. What about you?

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We've had too much rain to do a whole lot outside. Our pool is full of chlorinated rainwater! Softball season just ended. Not sure if we will have the funds to go anywhere this summer, so I guess we will have to make our own fun, rain or shine.

Your summer sounds great tho! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• We've eaten a lot
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• we've gone to the pool a zillion times, had some sleepovers, campouts in the living room, and spent a week at the beach. its been pretty low key so far but i think we're all enjoying it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Let's see:
    Picked strawberries
    Went to the Rennesaince Festival
    gone to the neighborhood pool a lot
    went to six flags
    each kid did a week of camp
    Dh and I went to white water while the kids were w/ their grandparents
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• We slept.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• we went to a small theme park we have here for the INTEL day they do every year...
    *hubby works there

been to a couple movies

daughter moved out (though not really "fun")
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• We hit the movies twice a week, head outside to ride bikes or just hang out. We swim when it's not raining (every day for the last week, it's been raining!), either in our pool or at the lake with some friends. There's another lake that we sometimes swing by, just to hang out a bit - it has a long dock, and lots of turtles to look at.

Mostly, we're hanging out at home, though. Between the ridiculous heat (we live in FL) and the rain, going anywhere else just ends up being miserable, unless it's indoors.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Just winging it. Too hot and crowded here to do things we can do in November-December when it's not tourist season.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Tonight we went glow-in-the-dark mini-golfing, and there was also a bounce house and a carousel, and a hurricane simulator that let you feel what it was like to be in winds at 78 miles per hour. My daughter has had a couple of day camps where they've taken her to the botanic gardens, an ice cream factory, and a butterfly museum. She has trips to the children's museum and the planetarium coming up. My stepson has been helping his mom lay hardwood floors at her house, so he hasn't been around much, but we've gone to the pool often. I bought half price tickets to a local amusement park that we'll visit as a family, and also a kiddie amusement park that I'll just take my daughter to. My boyfriend took the kids to see Monsters U, and they want to see Despicable Me II as well. There's an animated film called Turbo coming out, about a spedy snail. It looks cute, but movies are expensive, so we'll see. I love summer outings.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• My kids have done:
    Some swimming
    Some gardening: planting, weeding & watching the various plants mature (the fresh asparagus has been great; the strawberries are almost done; the pea harvest starts this week, so lots of picking, shelling, cooking)
    They pick flowers, dig, play in our creek, build things (like "dams," "roads," fairy houses) outside
    The boys lay out boards (from under the porch) to make "trolley tracks" in the backyard
    Some sprinkler play
    Trips to the library
    Grilling out
    Enjoying corn on the cob!
    Sitting on the porch to eat lunch
    Playing on the swing set
    A few trips to the Dairy Bar for ice cream
    Hanging out in the one room with air conditioning (my bedroom!) which is getting well-cleaned as a result
    Taking turns washing dishes (something my kids love to do)
    Picking black raspberries berries in the yard
    Made shortcake for berries last night, then waffles this morning to use up the r
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 12:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2013