Why all the hate in sports?

So I have been noticing the past couple of years that crazy level of hate that exists in sports. I understand disliking/hating rival teams but for a casual fan to spend 3 hours online dishing a team that isn't a rival is crazy.

Maybe no team in sports is hated like the Miami Heat. I know this because I am from South Florida and I read the ESPN articles about Miami, then I go and read some of the comments. Comments range from "Lebron sucks" to "Lebron had to team up with two other stars to win" to "Lebron will never win X (with the X being the next current thing he hasn't yet done) "

I understand that people are upset about how he joined Miami, the t.v special was a dumb idea even though it raised over a million for the boys and girls club. But that was 2010, get over it.

Why do people allow hate to consume their lives? I have talked to people that say that their next day is bad if Miami wins its game the night before and that is just silly.

I love sports and I have my teams that I don't like for different reasons. But I would never go and troll the fans of that team, or spend 3 hours on a game I didn't care about posting about it.

JanetMonroe1991

Asked by JanetMonroe1991 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2013 in Just for Fun

• mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Personally, I'm sick of hearing about LeBron James! Every time I listen to sports radio, ESPN, it's all about LeBron!
    Who cares!!!
    Of course the year before that it was Tebow.

Sports brings out the passion in people, whether right or wrong, it's the way it is and always will be.
    Stop reading the comments if it bothers you so much.
    We have choices you know.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• It doesn't consume my life but lbj can suck it lol.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2013

• I'm not mad at anyone lol. Simmer down, you must really like Lebum. Lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• I love my teams whole-heartedly, but not to the point that I let it consume my every waking thought. I also don't let it ruin my day if my team loses. (or at least not my week! lol :p) There is a distaste for certain players, but for me personally, that's because of how they act. There are a lot of pompous, arrogant players that seem to think their shi*t don't stink. I think Lebron fits right up there w/ his attitude. Give me a Jerry Rice, or a Walter Payton any day. They were humble, class-act players.(NFL) ~ BTW- Just b/c I'm a Spurs fan, has nothing to do w/ my distaste for Lebron. Even the sports commentators called that match up, Class vs. Flash. I prefer class. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Cavs of cours.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• * course.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:15 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Ever think that they simply do not like a certain player?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• You said it yourself. It's just silly.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• We could be in Brazil!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2013