Seriously, do you know of ANY truly honest politicians in DC?

The question about Obama and Rahm Emmanuel made me wonder. Personally I never thought Obama was "The One" or some great agent of change. To me he was simply the nominee whose party & platform I agreed with more. So, while learning of possible corruption is disheartening to me, it's no big shocker.

Can you think of anyone in DC who is really honest and completely free of questionable activities or associations?
I can only think of 2 who I believe are for real, but I may have missed something. Paul & Kucinich.

What about you?

Friday

Asked by Friday at 11:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope that will take alot of research
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• None off hand in DC, but I did vote for my Republican governor because I thought he was, and is still, doing a good job in our state. And I'm a staunch Democrat...LOL! It's not the first time I have crossed party lines to vote...if the other guy is doing a good job then I will vote for him. I voted for our Republican mayor more than once before he retired. He did a great job in our city...his successor is a Republican also and he's not doing as well as the previous mayor...I'm disappointed in some things he's allowed to happen in regards to development along our riverfront. Condos look ugly next to our river...just sayin'...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My mother and I can only agree on Colin Powell...but he isnt really a politician.
    and I do think that Barack Obama is honest, I believe he is trying to do the right things...his problem is that he is picking people that have been in Washington for years, and they all have a past...
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:53 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Obviously you are NOT from the Cleveland area. Kucinich and Cleveland, OMG.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Please enlighten me on Kucinich & Cleveland, anon. I am always open to learning.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• it isnt just dc... there are NO honest politicans/ it is like self-less lawyers... it is a contradiction in terms..
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I know the quote is "absolute power corrupts absolutely" But I think ANY power corrupts. I think many (Obama included) go in with their hearts in the right place, but with enough people fawning over you and telling you how great you are and giving you whatever you want, it goes to anyone's head!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Ron Paul

-Look him up, his record speaks for itself!
    Anonymous

• Golden rule of politics - nobody qualified to do the job well is stupid enough to want the job. Leaves us with a bunch of charismatic BS artists.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Friday - I can agree with anon regarding Kucinich on may levels - even though I'm no fan of anons. Cleveland's District 12 is one of the WORST districts ever! And, that man totally bankrupted the city when he was mayor. He also is not what he says and certainly does not follow through with helping his constituents (I can personally attest to that). No, Kucinich is just as dishonest and crooked as the next politician. You can ask just about anyone from the Cleveland area who can remember back with he started his political career.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2009