Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Peace please

We've just put ac in our home after living here for 10 years without cool air,and living with a leaking roof and water flooding in.
However my husband likes to put the air on 80 and it's not comfortable in here with it up that high,and I've told him I would pitch money in for the electric bill.
He said he is going to find a way so we can't access it.
I told him that I'm a grown woman in my own home and if he was going to treat me that way then I will simply pack my bags and and the kids and go elsewhere,he told me,okay bye,then went to bed.
His attitude towards me has been really terrible I just don't feel any love.
I've been looking for places to live but I make only 1760 before taxes and there are no homes I could afford to move into. I feel really stuck..
The only job I know to do is cleaning homes,janitorial,and I have no family that could offer me help.
I wish for a man who would love me and treat me better.
Thank you for hearing my vent.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2013 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • is this the same man who buys himself food and makes you and the kids split a meal between you all?
    same man that makes it so cold in house that you all shiver?

    there were more, but can not recall before a 2nd coffee ^

    Answer by fiatpax at 8:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

  • If nothing changes, nothing changes.
    This is why they have assistance. Move out and you will find others will be willing to help you.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

  • I would stay there and deal with the ac being up too high. Than I would get a side job cleaning houses, babysitting, or being a server, save as much as I can and plan to be gone by the end of the year.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

  •  Hit him over the head with this on your way out the door!  He sounds like an ass!


    Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

  • He sounds abusive/controlling. If you are desperate to get out, seek out a shelter. They will help you get on your feet/gain job experience/and get assistance and a place to live until you can make it on your own. Good luck.

    Answer by Kword at 2:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

  • Yeeehaw! Start your adventure at the welfare office. Get resources!

    Answer by staciandababy at 2:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

  • How you get out is up to you and your situation, but you and the kids deserve better. You can get a side job and save money, and also look for assistance resources--or you can sit back and make excuses and be miserable--but the despot on his throne isn't going to change, and he has made it clear just how valuable his family is, or rather isn't, to him.

    Answer by Ballad at 3:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

  • fiat,no that wasn't me,but if it was me and he were freezing me outta the house I would solve that problem

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

  • Is there any talking to him ?

    All blinds or what-ever you have closed, and on 76 ?

    Look me up on CAFEMOM , I do have a feeling there is more to your situation .

    Remind me in applacation, you are from Q & A ♥♥♥♥♥♥

    Answer by SissyAnn141 at 2:46 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.