Paternity tests

My daughter had a baby and the dad doesn't think it's his he won't sign anything till he sees the tests.
I can't fork out the money and neither can he at this time for the tests.
Who could he go to without paying through the nose,or get it done free?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2013 in General Parenting

• It doesn't work that way. IF you sit around until he can "afford" to pay your daughter and her child will lose out. He doesn't get to pay when it's comfortable. Your daughter needs to file for child support and a DNA test will be issued. Tell her to do it NOW.

Nearly every man who is required to pay child support thinks he can't afford it ...
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 6:37 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Paternity testing is expensive, period. Getting it done free isn't going to happen - even through court, if he's the father, he'll have to pay for it, and if he's not, even if he doesn't have to pay, your daughter will. But since he's the one who wants it done, he should pay. Have your daughter file for child support and a DNA test will be ordered. He'll have to go get it done.

This isn't something you wait around until you can find the money - he needs to get off his butt and find a way to pay for it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• daughter files for CS in court, he says not sure if his, court orders dna tests before cs is ordered
    or-
    if she gets 'services' through the state- the state will then file with court for cs , and then a DNA test
    if he is the father he will have to pay for his and the baby;s dna tests and he will have to pay cs too, (she will still pay for hers)
    if dna test shows he is not, she will have to pay for all 3 tests and no cs

the dna tests are around 100 bucks each person (300 total)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:45 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• ps

he does not have to be asked by her to sign anything
    go to court
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Why don't these people understand if you want to play, you have to pay?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• I am like this. If he does not want to know if that is his baby? So be it. He will not get to see the baby/child. Why does she want to prove he is the father?   For child support?   She will have to fork out the money.

Answer by louise2 at 10:06 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• My daughters boyfriend lives with us.
    He is starting a job on monday.
    She is on medicaid and our family is on food stamps. I do work fulltime.but my budget won't let me help.
    The baby is 7 days old we were suppose to go to the hospital and sign the papers for paternity by tuesday.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• He thinks it's his but then he wants to make sure.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2013