What did your parents say to you that you thought you would never say to your kids?

My father use to say: Your Fresh, when I did something I shouldn't be doing. It use to drive me crazy, now I do it all the time. My mother always said your beautiful even when I was at my worst, I say that all the time to, I miss it. :)

Asked by KFree907 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• when i was your age....
    you're grounded!
    i would also tell my mother i would never spank my kids and theat i would let them do anything they wanted lol

Answer by annes1 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Tie your shoes or you'll fall on your head -my father

Answer by WifeyorMom at 11:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• "because I'm the mom that's why!"
    "because I said so."

Answer by momof3jll at 11:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My mom used to say " one day you'll have kids and you'll understand what I'm talking about". I SWORE to myself I wouldn't say it. But you guessed it. I do it all the time.

Answer by GMR at 11:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• "Because I said so"...... I hated that when I was a kid and was like 'just give me a reason... a real, viable, good reason".... it wasn't until I had growing kids of my own that I realized sometimes the real, viable reason IS because I said so..... sometimes a parent just knows the answer is no. Call it intuition, call it discernment, but as it turns out " Because I said so" sometimes covers it all.

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• pull your pants up
    counting to 3 if he is in trouble
    and telling him the boogy man took our house when he wants to go home (my mom used to do it all the time)

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• saying the word no 10000000000000000000 times a day. i always told my mom i would let my kids do what they wonted to do. but look at me now. i think i might have broke the worlds record for saying the no so many times in a day.

Answer by mommyand5 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• "Because I said so thats why"
    "I brought you into this world I can take you out" (joking of course)
    "What the hell are you wearing?"
    "You wear too much makeup"

Answer by gemgem at 11:52 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I'm also cursed with the "When you have kids, I hope they're just like you!" one. I have kids. And they're just like me.

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• "Stop crying or I will give a reason to cry"
    "I brought you into this world I can take you out" (i dont say this one it is just one that was said to me alot)
    "your the child, Im the parent you do as i say"

Answer by MAMMA2DYANDTY at 11:55 AM on Feb. 18, 2009