What did your parents say to you that you thought you would never say to your kids?

My father use to say: Your Fresh, when I did something I shouldn't be doing. It use to drive me crazy, now I do it all the time. My mother always said your beautiful even when I was at my worst, I say that all the time to, I miss it. :)

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• when i was your age....
    you're grounded!
    i would also tell my mother i would never spank my kids and theat i would let them do anything they wanted lol
    annes1

Answer by annes1 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Tie your shoes or you'll fall on your head -my father
    WifeyorMom

Answer by WifeyorMom at 11:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• "because I'm the mom that's why!"
    "because I said so."
    momof3jll

Answer by momof3jll at 11:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My mom used to say " one day you'll have kids and you'll understand what I'm talking about". I SWORE to myself I wouldn't say it. But you guessed it. I do it all the time.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• "Because I said so"...... I hated that when I was a kid and was like 'just give me a reason... a real, viable, good reason".... it wasn't until I had growing kids of my own that I realized sometimes the real, viable reason IS because I said so..... sometimes a parent just knows the answer is no. Call it intuition, call it discernment, but as it turns out " Because I said so" sometimes covers it all.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• pull your pants up
    counting to 3 if he is in trouble
    and telling him the boogy man took our house when he wants to go home (my mom used to do it all the time)
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• saying the word no 10000000000000000000 times a day. i always told my mom i would let my kids do what they wonted to do. but look at me now. i think i might have broke the worlds record for saying the no so many times in a day.

mommyand5

Answer by mommyand5 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• "Because I said so thats why"
    "I brought you into this world I can take you out" (joking of course)
    "What the hell are you wearing?"
    "You wear too much makeup"

Answer by gemgem at 11:52 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I'm also cursed with the "When you have kids, I hope they're just like you!" one. I have kids. And they're just like me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• "Stop crying or I will give a reason to cry"
    "I brought you into this world I can take you out" (i dont say this one it is just one that was said to me alot)
    and
    "your the child, Im the parent you do as i say"
    MAMMA2DYANDTY

Answer by MAMMA2DYANDTY at 11:55 AM on Feb. 18, 2009