I just want to sell my vehicle and finally get the new one I want!!?

I don't know why I feel this way, but I always feel so bad (bad habit) when put in these situations. I know it is stupid, but I think I need reassurance.

I FINALLY have the opportunity to sell my 95 Blazer and get not only a new nicer car, but one that I have wanted for along time (01-02 Ford Focus).. I don't want to get it though until I sell mine..

Yes, I've weighed out options between the vehicles and so on. But I always have my father help me sell my vehicles and all I hear is "Why would you sell it? It's fine the way it is? I wouldn't sell it?... and so on.." It just makes me feel bad.. He always does this and in the past when he helped me get vehicle he'd always talk me into getting what he wanted or what he thought was best.. And normally I broke down. I just finally want what I want without feeling so bad!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2013 in Relationships

• So put an ad in the paper, or find a dealer who will take your vehicle in trade. There's no need to ask daddy. It's not his car and you are ( I assume) an adult of legal age.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• I am an adult by all means.. I've already had numerous offers..

How much would you give? My offer right now someone has offered is $1200
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Ford focus was the absolute worst car I have ever owned. It was literally in the shop every couple of months.
    But do what you want to do, you don't need your dads permission to do anything.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:09 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• List it for $2000 or best offer. That way you have room to negotiate.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• My mom and cousin owned a focus for since they came out and neither of them have had a problem.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• how much I'd pay would depend on how beat up it is, how many problems it has and how many miles are on it

*********
    as far as getting a Focus- if you want one, get one! I mean it will have a warranty anyway so...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Look up the kelly bluebook value of your current car, this will give you a better idea of how much it's worth. Also check with the dealer, they may give you the same amount for your car as the offer you currently have. This way you wont have to go through the hassle of selling it..

Do your research, look at the car you want and see what they are going for and never take the dealer's first offer. Talking to them and walking away if you need to, it works well :) They want to make a sell, make sure the price is right with the right finance charges..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Take it and trade it in if it's all paid off though why would you go fr a Ford Focus? Those cars are horrid. Even when kept in immaculate condition there is always something that goes wrong on them.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• I've said it above I know two people who have owned them for 10+ years and have never ever had not single major problem.. All cars have their issues. I know someone who bought a brand new car off the lot and within a week it broke down..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2013

• I've said it above I know two people who have owned them for 10+ years and have never ever had not single major problem.. All cars have their issues.

OKay and some people still have the opinion that it's a crap car. If you want the car by all means go for it and get rid f the one you have now. People will disagree on whether the car you want is a quality car but if you want it then you need to learn not to let the OPINIONS of others bother you so much. You're supposed to be an adult.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 7, 2013