I just found this interesting.... Kind of long Zimmerman Trial Review.

Kind of a long article, however I found it very interesting and there are a few things that I was unaware of.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/zimmerman-trial-review-how-we-got-here-and-where-were-going/

marymargret

Asked by marymargret at 12:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• It is interesting. A bit biased it seems, but an interesting take. However, I want more information on where it states that Zimmerman was allegedly never told to not chase Martin because regardless of the struggle that ensued when the shooting occured, if Zimmerman disobeyed orders or agressively pursued Martin, he's still at fault IMO. Why wouldn't a teenager beat the crap out of some crazy guy following him? The article states Zimmerman shouldn't have to to wait until his injuries were life threatening before acting in self defense, well if Martin felt threatened why should HE have waited until Zimmerman attacked before HE acted in self defense?
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• I've actually been watching bits and pieces of the trial. My guess is that it will all get thrown out because they've created such a damn mess. None of it is leading me in either direction... instead I'm thinking... "Wow, this is a joke"!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Tired of that story and worry that defending your self is a crime.
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• by2013 but would he have needed to defend himself if he hadn't taken matters into his own hands? I think that is the real issue.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• That article seems awfully biased...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Pretty biased, imo. Though I do feel as if this whole thing is a complete mess.

I still think that Zimmerman should have never followed Martin in the first place, and had he been smart enough not to follow him none of this would have ever happened.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• "I've actually been watching bits and pieces of the trial. My guess is that it will all get thrown out because they've created such a damn mess. None of it is leading me in either direction... instead I'm thinking... "Wow, this is a joke"! "

This is my thoughts too.
    marymargret

Comment by marymargret (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• It's gotten so tangled now, and overreported, that I don't think the truth will ever definitively come out.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• "I still think that Zimmerman should have never followed Martin in the first place, and had he been smart enough not to follow him none of this would have ever happened."
    I am so and fucking tired of folks bring this STATEMENT^^^^^^^^^ UP! There is no law prohibiting this. Also, if Martin did "go home" then why in the hell did he come back then?? The fact, as it says in the article, has been debunked because of the timeline. Another thing folks fucking conveniently "forgot" and that is, why did it take the state of FL 45 DAYS BEFORE THEY ARRESTED HIM?!? Its called 'political pressure' I myself have been pressured to do something, not as bad as charging someone with murder, by my superiors. Its a helluva job to be a police officer, because many time you got the mayor, chief of police etc on your back to close a case or make an arrest. No difference here.
    Another question I ask is why on earth has nobody...
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• ...has been punished for all the death threats on FB and twitter? These fucking thugs have been threatening to RIOT if Zimmerman is acquitted. Under current law, that is a terroristic threat. A felony.
    .."A terroristic threat is a crime generally involving a threat to commit violence communicated with the intent to terrorize another, to cause evacuation of a building, or to cause serious public inconvenience, in reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or inconvenience. It may mean an offense against property or involving danger to another person that may include but is not limited to recklessly endangering another person, harassment, stalking, ethnic intimidation, and criminal mischief."
    So can anyone argue this?? Does anyone here have a good excuse as to why the FL govt or the federal govt has done nothing?
    Yes this case gets to me because of the EXTREME injustice that is happening to this man.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2013