Lumps and sore breasts...

The other morning I woke up with my right breast hurting really bad and felt around massaging it and felt a few lumps but around one of the lumps my breast felt harder like tougher. There is a knot in the same place in my left one but it isn't sore or anything.

I am 20 weeks pregnant and my husband seems to think it is just milk ducts preparing or something? But isn't it too early for that?
I'm definitely saying something to my Dr when I go back but i just can't seem to get my mind off of it and need others opinions.
I told the Dr they hurt all the time last time j went but she said that it should've eased up by now and that was it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2013 in Health

• I started leaking colostrum at like 4 1/2 months, so it is definitely possible that the milk ducts are already preparing. If each breast feels the same on both sides, the "lumps" are probably just milk ducts. As far as the pain, I would mention it to your doc just to be safe, but I would try not to worry too much. It won't do you or baby any good.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• It's very possible that your milk ducts are preparing at twenty weeks. Next time you talk to your doctor, if she says the pain should have eased up by now and tries to drop it, break in and say maybe it should have eased up but it hasn't, and press for answers.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2013