Scar tissue in cartalige from ear piercings?

I have some scar tissue (also called keloids) in my cartilage from ear piercings and they look pretty funky. Is there a way to get rid of this scar tissue? Do I go to a dermatologist, ENT, get it pierced again and hope for the best? I would like to re-pierce it since the hole has closed, but I do not want to make the scar tissue worse. Anyone have this problem? Thanks

(I looked at mages of other instances of scar tissue and mine thankfully doesn't look anything like some of the images I saw there!)

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 3:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Ive never heard of that, so I'm not sure. I think I'd probably start with talking to someone who pierces ears and find out if they've heard of it and have suggestions for how to handle it. If they can't help, then I'd probably talk to your regular physician and have them refer you to someone else if it's necessary.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2013