Might have bed bugs but not for sure and apartment will do nothing about and has anyone been here before

live in an apartment and by accident by bugs in bed but still not sure what bugs and have been finding about 3 different other bugs. apartments whats me to pay 500.00 to spray. said in lease someone will be out within 24 hrs and no one coming till tomorrow and found last friday. i have had to move my kids out of apartment. stayed at a hotel since dont have a bathroom to use cause was told even if dont know what this is i am pack everything in trash bags and i have no where to store things. was told to put on my porch balcony and pray it does not rain. also i think might apartment all ready had them. government building. called corporate and hud and so far nothing. i can keep paying for a hotel. i have lost sleep over this. afraid of everything. even being out in public. i dont sleep was even put on seditives. what else can i do? treating me right? can you see my expanses of a new vacumn with bag and trash bags and they still want full rent and water bill tomorrow. need major advice

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 3:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2013 in Health

• You need an attorney.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• youre in government low income housing?
    have you saved or taken a picture of any of the bugs?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• i have saved every bug i have found. also they are to clean the stairwells and they have not. other night about 60 bugs everywhere at night
    momindiana

Comment by momindiana (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• if you post an image i can tell you if they are bed bugs- i have a lot of experience with the damn things
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• also parents coming and now will have to pay for hotel.
    momindiana

Comment by momindiana (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• i left samples at home. i have found round bugs. long thin black bugs. gnats and even ants
    momindiana

Comment by momindiana (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• i also would love to know how to find out if apartment even had even i moved in and what i can do
    momindiana

Comment by momindiana (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Call the health department in the morning. Very likely there are additional code violations in this complex. I would expect to NOT move back in.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• i have to see what i am dealing with and my lease is up next month. if they are bed bugs then have the chance to bring those bugs with me to next place. but since last friday and nothing is do be done till tomorrow. should i pay rent or not? i mean even trash bags are not cheap
    momindiana

Comment by momindiana (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• If you are in low-income housing, you need to report everything to the Housing Authority office, and independent inspectors will be sent out. The rules are strict, and Housing will pull its funding from places that are in violation till the minimum requirements ar met. There are laws to prevent you from being thrown out while the investigation and necessary upgrades are taking place.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2013