What do you do when you have no food?

We get paid Friday. 2.57 in checking. Food bank is not open for three days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I would try to buy cheap food just to get you thru til the food bank opens and/or Friday. Mac n cheese is cheap too.
    I wouldn't pawn your ring. I know someone that did and ended up not being able to get it. That's more of a sentimental thing and you really can't put value on that.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Do you really literally have no food, or just nothing that seems to go together or that you want to eat? What all, specifically, is in your kitchen right now?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• You throw together what you have and make due or you sell something at a pawn shop. There is always the option to ask friends but I would not make a habit of it. Have you looked in to Food stamp and /or WIC programs in your area?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Pawn something, sell something, borrow money and if needed that bad go to one of the check cashing places..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• This makes me sad.
    I'm sorry you're going through this OP.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• if you have a costco near by they have the samples. Most stores do, check with salvation army. Try getting items on sale when you get paid.
    A church might help.
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• You call on friends and family until you get paid...

Answer by older at 8:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• The pawn shop is my friend. Do you have any life insurance policies? If so you might be able to get a loan from it. Friends and family.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• You would be amazed what you can throw together when you think you have nothing. Some of my favorite meals have come as the result of either my parents being out of food when I was little or me being out of food now that I'm on my own.

Egg noodles and sour cream is delicious.
    If you have any type of pasta, you can cook that and mix in cream of mushroom soup, tomato soup or cream of chicken soup. Throw in a veggie, if you have any.
    Do you have any type of meat? Even if it's a can of tuna.
    Mix together tuna and mayo and a pasta.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Cook the noodles, throw in the can of tuna and string cheese. If you have flour and butter or vegetable oil, mix the 2 together with equal parts in a separate pan to make what is called a rue. Stir that in with the noodles, tuna and string cheese. Serve with the carrots.

Take the 2.57 and buy some noodles, spaghetti sauce, bread and bologna. Then you can have spaghetti 1 night and subs the next. Hopefully then the food bank will be open.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2013