Warranty question

So my dh bought me an iPad from Walmart but I lost my warranty info. My dd was playing it and shattered the screen. Is there anyway Walmart would be able to look up my information? I'm not sure what to do but buying a new iPad is not something I want to do :(

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 8:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2013 in Shopping

• You can always check but without the warrantee ( which means that you also did not register the warrantee) probably not. Do you have the original sales receipt?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• No I can not find it we moved and I'm not sure what I did with it :( my year warranty with apple has been expired but my dh bought one through Walmart.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• How long ago was the item purchased? Did your husband use a credit car?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Yes he did use the credit card and just a little over a year. But he bought an extended warranty I'm not sure how long or if its still covered. That's why I was wondering if Walmart could look it up.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• go to the third response.
    sorry

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Bad words :( a lot of them.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• thats how i felt after i dropped a phone i had only owned for about 6 weeks
    lived with that cracked screen for over a year :(
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Yeah I'll have to wait a few months before I buy a new one with school fees, clothing and school supplies coming up i cant afford to. I guess I'll use my laptop until then. I'm so upset I mean its only on the left side about the size of a golf ball but it will drive me nuts seeing it.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• If you can determine the date and time of your purchase. Ask your credit card company for help. Wal-mart should be able to find the warranty info. But your going to have to go to the store where you made the purchase.
    Anonymous

• Yes, Walmart can look it up with the credit card. You should call the Electronic Payment Receipt Hotline number 479-277-2643

http://consumerist.com/2010/04/05/lose-your-receipt-walmart-has-a-hotline-for-you/

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2013