House in an uproar adult content

19 yr kid daughter home for the summer from collage.
Wow, she's turned out house upside down.
Myself and little brother got a lecture over eating watermellon before dinner.
Than I got scolded for eating raw carrots, apparently they crunch too loud.
The younger two have count diwbs in their phones, as to when we put get in the plane back to college.
Also. Youngest leaves two empty Gatoraide bottles in the coffee table - the oldest proclaimes she's living in a frat house - it's so dirty

Anyone else have kids home from college, uprooting your home? .

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• Sounds like normal sibling rivalries... Besides its a tough age... Not a child it not totally adult. Why not do something special with her, take advantage of this time, it won't last forever.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• No, but I love how you put the yellow triangle in your question, lol
    Hang in there and GL!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Ha, didn't mean for the yellow triangle to be there. Must have accidentally clicked it. Didn't notice until after the question posted. Ugh
    SassySue123

Comment by SassySue123 (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• That's funny. I think we all get into our own routines, and it's hard to go visit or have someone visit long term. I moved out when I turned 18, and you couldn't have paid me to go back to stay with my parents.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Family love. :-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• We visit my patent once a week and those few hours are enough for me. I'm with you, I could never move back home with my parents.
    SassySue123

Comment by SassySue123 (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• Pretty much the two most miserable months of my adult life were when I went back to my parents' house for the Christmas break after I'd been away at college. I'd tasted freedom and found out what it was like to be treated with respect, and it was incredibly hard for me to fit into the old spot in the family I'd left behind, where I was pretty much expected to keep my mouth shut and take whatever crap got shoved my way. When I returned to the college dorm, my mom told me that no matter what, I wouldn't be welcome to live in her house again. No problem, I got a job and then got married and finished school, and never looked back.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2013