I' am 4cm dilated is that dangerous for me to be at home?

I'am 9 months pregnant and I'm 38 weeks I had went to my doctors appointment on July 3rd and he had ask me was I having any contractions yet. I told him yes so he checked me he said that I had dilated 4cm and that if I have anymore contractions for me to go to the hospital cause it can go really fast since I have 4 other children he even said that I might not make it to my next appt which is on the 10th from the 3rd all the way until now I've been having contraction so I call where I deliver at they told me that they wouldn't be able to do anything that they would just send me back home and there no point in coming I thought when you dilate 4cm you are in full labor can Someone give me some advice please on what should I do?.

Ninabear

Asked by Ninabear at 10:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2013 in Pregnancy

• No, you'd better go to Walmart and do some shopping.
    Anonymous

• Take a nap. You should have transportation to the hospital on standby!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• You can get all the way to 10cm. How far apart are your contractions? Did you tell the place where you deliver what your dr said?
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 10:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• If you are concerned then call the dr's office and leave a message withi the answering service. If they don't call you back to advise, then do as you were instructed and tell the hospital to call your Dr to confirm his recommendation.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• You've had 4 kids already but don't know what to do if you're in labor?

Hmmm...
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• My water never breaks always been induced
    Ninabear

Comment by Ninabear (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• "You've had 4 kids already but don't know what to do if you're in labor?"

New acct, came here straight away, minutes after joining, too. I'm skeptical...

But just in case : you can call the hospital and they can tell you whether to come in or not. When I was in labor we called before heading down.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• If your water isn't broken and your contractions are still not really regular, you could be okay - then again, I've only had one, so I don't know how much changes in later pregnancies, since I have heard they do tend to go quicker in delivery...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• I was told not to go to the hospital unless my water broke or I had contractions five minutes apart. Nothing was said as to how far I was dilated. When I got to the hospital after my contractions were five minutes apart, I wasfour centimeters dilated. So time your contractions, and get ready. It won't be long.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2013