How can you tell you've had a miscarriage?

We have a 3 year old and have been trying to having another baby. I'm 28 years old. I also have PCOS. That said I got off the pill December 2012. First couple of months my periods came fine (my body still weaning off from the pill), and then they got irregular. I also tried to chart my periods to see when was I ovulating. With my cycle being too long it was hard to figure that out. But we kept trying. Also I got pregnant with my first without meds or any fertility tests help. Then late June I started having really bad periods, like clots and everything. Back and abdomen pains too. I just though it must be my body finally getting clear or the pill or something. Also stress of traveling etc. but then I came across this article of miscarriage. Is it possible I had a miscarriage in my first term? My periods did go for two weeks plus. But then again I thought its because of my PCOS. They're finished now. So I don't even know if there is any point of contacting my OB and confirming with her. Any advice? What are the signs of miscarriage? Have you had one? How did you know? And what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• I miscarried in april it was very hard i was 7 1/2 weeks along it was just a little blood then it was alot and got painful and lasted about month and a half then it took two months to get my period normal again. you really wouldnt know at this point so i would stop trying to pin point that and get in with a dr to help you with conception since you have the pcos. my friend has this and had to take these shots to keep carrying her kids some hormone she was lacking so thats the best advice i could give:)
    virgomom1988

Answer by virgomom1988 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• I never had a miscarriage but my mom has if there's some heavy duty bleeding or gushing blood or abdomen pain or water breaks ur probably having a miscarriage and should go to the doctors ASAP for you to know for sure.
    Ninabear

Answer by Ninabear at 11:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• I had a miscarriage once. I've never told anyone about it since I never even knew I was pregnant. I have 3 kids. The only reason I even know is because when I was being examined after finding out I was pregnant with baby #3, my dr (who had been my dr for all my kids) mentioned that this was my 4th pregnancy. I told him it was news to me and he said that I must have miscarried early on.

tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2013

• I've had four miscarriages. Two of them were late ones, and very explosive and painful, so I couldn't help knowing. The other two were fairly early on, so I had missed my period and tested positive for pregnancy both times, and then started cramping and bleeding more heavily than I would have with a normal period.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2013